Welcome to my prayer intention page. I am happy to add your prayers to my list when I go to the chapel for Eucharistic visits. Just use the comment section to add your request! Why not have someone praying for you? You don’t have to be specific if it is confidential, just say “the special intention of Sam” or whatever you need.
As we journey through a new year:
Pope Francis’s special intentions: That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
FOR THE WORLD:
For World Youth Day 2019; safe journey for the pilgrims and a renewed sense of faith for the greater church in this new generation, as well as conversion of souls deeper into relationship with Christ and the church.
For those who are being persecuted for their own faith by their government leaders or people in their own lands.
For those being denied food, shelter, or basic needs (including medical care or education) by a corrupt government or harmful set of conditions (political or otherwise).
For those who have no knowledge of a loving God, the Christian faith, the salvation from sins purchased for the love of souls by God Almighty through His Son Jesus Christ.
For those recovering from devastating natural disasters, especially earthquakes, tsunamis, flooding, fires and hurricanes.
For those who have been abused mentally, physically, emotionally or spiritually. For the dignity of every single soul from conception to natural death.
Those suffering from cancer and other debilitating disease or impairment.
The greater church; its leaders; especially those to whom truth has been made knows about injustices, criminal acts, or crimes perpetrated by its leaders; that they will expose truths for sake of justice, righteousness and truth.
For the innocent victims of crimes; especially those abused by someone in leadership in the church or the community.
That social networks may work towards that inclusiveness which respects other for their differences.
My General Intentions
- My husband
- My Children
- My family and friends and their intentions
- Regnum Christi members around the world and The Legion of Christ
- Persecuted Christians
- Lonely souls
- Young people and students
- Those who have been entrusted to us to love and care for; especially those who cannot care for themselves
- Engaged couples
- Married Couples
- Pope Francis and his leadership; to be pure of heart and upright in serving the greater church
- Priests and Consecrated religious; that they will be protected from gossip, lies, prejudices and temptations. That they will be given strength in purity of mind, body and spirit to be a light for the world.
- Vocations to the church
- The unborn
- The elderly
- For our nation to uphold and strengthen the sanctity of life from conception to natural death
- For my godchildren
- For any soul that was entrusted to me through my years as a youth ministry volunteer, youth minister, religious education teacher, camp director, vbs volunteer, K4J participant, and especially those who requested me to be their confirmation sponsor. That the Lord would particularly wrap them in protection and increase their purity of heart to serve Him, and keep them in His fold.
- Any prayer request I have been asked to hold in my heart, particularly those with sick children; transplant survivors; and those dealing with ongoing medical issues.
- For our youth; especially those who are dealing with anxiety, depression and social issues.
We ask the intercession of St Don Bosco with whom this blog is modeled to bring joy and love to all people, especially youth and families, in the care of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Although I don’t take my laptop with me (although sometimes I do cheat and use my phone for special prayers) I usually say the following:
My LORD Jesus Christ, Who because of Your love for men remain night and day in the Blessed Sacrament, full of pity and of love, awaiting, calling and welcoming all who come to visit You, I believe that You are present here on the altar. I adore You, and I thank You for all the graces You have bestowed on me, especially for having given me Yourself in this Sacrament, for having given me Your most holy Mother Mary to plead for me, and for having called me to visit You in this church.
I now salute Your most loving Heart, and that for three ends: first, in thanksgiving for this great gift; secondly, to make amends to You for all the outrages committed against You in this Sacrament by Your enemies; thirdly, I intend by this visit to adore You in all the places on earth in which You are present in the Blessed Sacrament and in which You are least honored and most abandoned.
My Jesus, I love You with my whole heart. I am very sorry for having so many times offended Your infinite goodness. With the help of Your grace, I purpose never to offend You again. And now, unworthy though I am, I consecrate myself to You without reserve. I renounce and give entirely to You my will, my affection, my desires and all that I possess. For the future, dispose of me and all I have as You please.
All I ask of You is Your holy love, final perseverance and that I may carry out Your will perfectly. I recommend to You the souls in Purgatory, especially those who had the greatest devotion to
the Blessed Sacrament and to the Blessed Virgin Mary. I also recommend to You all poor sinners.
Finally, my dear Savior, I unite all my desires with the desires of Your most loving Heart; and I offer them, thus united, to the Eternal Father, and beseech Him, in Your name and for love of You, to accept and grant them.
Please feel free to send me prayer request in comments and I will include your intentions with my other special intentions.